The SIBE Management Master’s degree course for the M.Sc. in International Management is the job-integrated Master’s program for academics with zero to two years of work experience in all fields. Within the framework of the Experience Based Curriculum (EBC), in which what you have learned is transferred directly into practice, you have the opportunity to make a value-adding contribution to your chosen company and to grow at the same time.
The course of study thus focuses on two projects: in addition to one or more tasks of the company, you will also work on your own personal development project. Both are continuously accompanied within the curriculum and systematically documented in study papers. The core part of this Master’s program also teaches you the state-of-the-art of international management. The course is extended by an elective subject, which gives you the opportunity to work on a supplementary subject area.
- Duration of study: 24 months
- Degree: Master of Science in International Management (M.Sc.)
- Seminar language: German and English
- Seminar locations: Stuttgart, Berlin and a foreign location as part of the study abroad, Study location: individual workplace
- Start dates: approx. 7 per year - application possible at any time
The M.Sc. in International Management is premium-accredited by FIBAA and thus belongs to the 3% of the premium seal holders among the Master’s courses of the FIBAA-accredited programs. FIBAA thus certifies outstanding teaching in this study program. FIBAA awards a premium seal to courses of study which are already established in the market and which not only meet, but also exceed the majority of the quality requirements. The degree entitles the holder to study for a doctorate.
Depending on your academic achievements, you also have the opportunity to obtain an MBA degree from one of our international partner universities abroad.
The core part of the course follows the logic of a business plan and incorporates topics of international management. At the same time, the core part of the course provides the opportunity to work continuously and systematically on the scientific progress of a project through a structured project curriculum. Personal development is encouraged by the interactive cycle of the SIBE Competency Assessment (SCA): Reflecting on self- and peer-assessments gives you the opportunity to systematically follow your own competency development. The core part of the course is rounded off by trends in leadership education.
Part of the curriculum is delivered via blended learning. This is directly linked with your project.
- Project Planning and Management
- Practical Corporate Management & Success Factors
- Project Curriculum 1
- Presentation PSP 1 (Source of Project and Project Planning / Project Loop 1)
- Foundations of Empirical Social Research
- Exercises of Scientific Work
- Methods of Qualitative and Quantitative Research
- Market Research
- Competition Analysis
- Political, Economic and Legal Systems
- Project Curriculum 2
- Presentation PSP 2 (Market Analysis and Evaluation / Project Loop 2)
- Business Objectives
- Strategic Management
- Management and Marketing of Digital Transformation
- E-marketing & E-business
- Project Curriculum 3
- Presentation PSP 3 (Goals, Strategy, Communication and Implementation Plan / Project Loop 3)
- Management Accounting
- Corporate Planning
- Presentation PSP 4 (Finance Plan / Project Benefit)
- Intercultural Management
- Emerging Markets
- Business Opportunities Abroad
- Industrial Economy
- Business Practices
- Functional Areas of Management
- Presentation PSP 5 (Plan of International Business Development)
- Development of Competencies 1
- Development of Competencies 2
- Networking & Network Development 1
- Networking & Network Development 2
- Conflict Management and Negotiation
- Development of Competencies 3
- Project Curriculum 4
- PSP 6 (Personal Development Plan)
- Organizational Management
- Designing Competitive Organizations
- Human Resource Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Power and Influence
- Leading Organizations and Teams
- The (Moral) Leader
During your studies, the focus is on one or more projects. The problem to be solved comes from corporate practice. As part of the two-year study program, you will develop and implement appropriate solutions and thus create entrepreneurial added value. At the same time, your project implementation will lead you through a process of personal development. Through developing and reflecting on projects, you learn to set goals and reach them in new situations. By working on the project, we ensure that you not only acquire knowledge and qualifications (i.e. master things in theory), but that your competency is also developed in practice. In addition, a structured project curriculum gives you the opportunity to work continuously and systematically on the scientific progress of your project and to reflect on it with fellow students, lecturers and your company. You will thus achieve the greatest possible practical and theoretical expertise in an individually selected project area.
The SIBE Management Master (M.Sc.) offers you an elective subject as a supplement to your core studies, which provides an insight into an additional subject area.
Module 10: Economics
- Managerial Economics
- Macroeconomics / Microeconomics
Module 11: Market and Legal Framework
- Market Based Management
- Business Law
Module 10: Economics
- International Economics 1 – Open Markets
- International Economics 2 – Open Macroeconomics
- International Economics 3 – Governing Economic Globalization
- International Economics 4 – Managing Economic Globalization
Module 11: Internationalization
- Internationalization 1 – Steps and Forms
- Internationalization 2 – Value Added Chain
- Internationalization 3 – Market Perspectives
Module 10: Setting Up New Business
- Innovation Management and Structural Integration
- Trend Scouting and Invention Management
Module 11: Trend to Market
- Prototyping and Product Engineering
- Entrepreneurship and Business Modelling
Module 10: Impact on Business Actors
- Principles and Practical Evidence of Change Management 1
- Leading Change
- Change Management Communications
- Business Coaching
Module 11: Impact on Business Organizations
- Principles and Practical Evidence of Change Management 2
- Changing Corporate Culture and Corprate Values
- Change Management Evaluation and Monitoring
Module 10: Controlling
- Management Control
- Corporate Planning and Controlling Simulation
- Controlling of Business Systems
- Group Accounting and Group Audit
Module 11: Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Module 10: Sourcing and Logistics
- Logistics Management
- Sourcing and Procurement Management
- International Freight Purchase
Module 11: Operations Management
- Development and Production Management
- Quality Management
Module 10: Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Practice
- Sustainable Development and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Sustainable Business Practices
Module 11: Diversity and Ethics
- Diversity Management
- Business Ethics
Module 10: Aerospace and Supply Chain Management
- Introduction to the Aerospace Industry and Testing
- Formalities of Aviation
- Supply Chain Management 1 – Innovation Management
- Supply Chain Management 2 – Research & Development
- Supply Chain Management 3 – Quality Management and Auditing
Module 11: Product Development
- Introduction to Industrial Design
- Systems Engineering
- Testing (Systems, Strategy & Risk Management)
Module 10: Opportunities and Framework for European Innovation and Technology Management
- Introduction to European Innovation and Technology Management and European Institutions
- Innovation Funding
- Technology Implementation inside the EU
- Intellectual Property Rights and Organizational Culture
Module 11: European Research and Innovation Projects
- Analysis of Innovation Capabilities
- Project Proposal
- European Impact
- Budget and Evaluation
6 project study papers and 5 presentations / defenses
– PSP 1: Source of Project and Project Planning / Project Loop 1
– PSP 2: Market Analysis and Evaluation / Project Loop 2
– PSP 3: Goals, Strategy, Communication and Implementation Plan / Project Loop 3
– PSP 4: Finance Plan / Project Benefit
– PSP 5: Plan of International Business Development
– PSP 6: Personal Development Plan
6 transfer papers
2 written exams
1 Master’s thesis and defense
Master of Science (M.Sc.), receipt of 120 credit points according to ECTS.
Licensed by the federal government:
The title is licensed by the state.
Dual Degree Option and Study Trip Abroad
Thanks to our many years of cooperation with our partner universities abroad, you can also benefit from a Dual Degree option. Depending on your performance during your studies, in addition to a “Master of Science (M.Sc.)” degree from Steinbeis University Berlin, you can also obtain a foreign “MBA” degree from our international partner universities.
The study trip abroad takes place in the second year of the SIBE Master’s program for a period of three weeks. You spend this foreign study periods at one of our partner institutions of higher education (e.g. in Brazil).
You complete a unique program consisting of seminars and exams abroad. You visit local and international companies, trade associations and institutions and receive intercultural training.
- Completed first degree at a German or foreign institution of higher education with at least 180 credit points according to ECTS or an equivalent
- Knowledge of German and English at a level of at least B2 according to the European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Broad wealth of experience gained through internships, international experience, voluntary work, work experience, etc.
- Successfully completed selection process
- A partner company at your side to support your studies and provide you with a project. We will be pleased to help you look for a partner company.
Your Application Documents
- Certificate of higher education entrance qualification (high-school diploma, technical higher education entrance certificate)
- Certificate of study
- Study record (or current overview of grades) and
- Job and internship references
Please apply to us timely. The courses for the SIBE Master’s programs usually start every other month and are independent of the state´s winter and summer semesters.
For the SIBE Management Master – M.Sc. in International Management – a three-step selection process is carried out, consisting of formal examination of the application documents, the Online Assessment Center and the KODE®-Evaluation. You will then be accepted into our talent pool and, after a successful match with your project company, you can start your job-integrated Master’s program. It is only possible to forward your application documents to cooperating partner companies after the coaching telephone call.
Formal Examination of Application Documents
Your application documents will first be checked for completeness and quality. We will contact you within a maximum of seven working days.
Online Assessment Center (OAC)
During the approximately three-hour OAC, you will take part in a group conversation via Skype, complete various tasks and have an individual interview. In addition to its selection aspect, this also helps with the exchange of information and thus provides both you and us with a good basis for decision-making. A successful OAC is followed by what is known as a coaching telephone call, in which a tailor-made consultation takes place in order to find a suitable partner company for you.
The KODE®-Evaluation serves as an instrument for competency diagnostics and development, and has been approved by an independent institute according to DIN 33430. It confronts you with situations that reflect on skills that are essential for everyday work life. The KODE®-Evaluation gives us an overview of your competencies and experience so that we can make a sound decision on final admission to our Master’s programs. In addition, the test offers you a very good basis for your own strengths and weaknesses profile, which you can draw on in job interviews.
The company usually covers most of the program fees and travel costs for the seminars and pays you an additional scholarship fee. This amount is broken down as follows (variations are possible and should be discussed directly with the partner company in question):
Costs for the participant:
Tuition fees of € 340/month [excluding VAT]. If necessary, contribution to travel expenses in consultation with the partner company. (Fees do not include catering. Students cater for themselves during the seminars.)
The student is normally paying for printing and binding the Master’s thesis (4 copies, hardcover).
Please contact us for further information.
Costs for the company:
Costs for the Master’s program: € 1,070/month (plus statutory VAT) (Fees do not include catering. Students cater for themselves during the seminars.)
- Time off for the seminars
- In addition, there are travel expenses (these vary depending on the company’s location) and the three-week study trip abroad.
- Salary for the student: min. € 1,500* / month (gross) (Of which the student pays € 340 / month tuition fees [without VAT]) to the institution of higher education.)
*The above information is based on the assumption that a derogation in accordance with section 22 MiLoG is applicable in the case of internship contracts within the framework of a dual SIBE study program; however, this is subject to any divergent jurisdiction which may arise in the future. Insofar, SIBE GmbH assumes no liability.