Our job-integrated Dual Degree M.A/MBA (USA) in General Management is the ideal start to your career. Program participants work full time as management assistants in companies and simultaneously complete a two-year interactive online study program at SIBE in cooperation with Post University (USA). By processing challenging real-case projects as an integrated part of study, you develop your own competencies and at the same time generate measurable benefits for the partner companies.
The M.A. in General Management, which is awarded by SIBE, is premium-accredited by FIBAA and qualifies the student to go on to study for a doctorate. The MBA awarded by Post University is ASCSB accredited.
- The duration of study is 24 months.
- You graduate with the titles Master of Arts in General Management (M.A.) and Master of Business Administration (MBA). You receive a total of 120 credit points according to ECTS.
- The study program is in English.
- 100% online, study independent of time and place.
- It is possible to apply for the program at any time.
- Full-time work over 24 months
- Asynchronous and interactive online program
- Competency development through implementation of innovation projects under the supervision of SIBE
- Coaching by SIBE’s internationally experienced experts, consultants and lecturers
- Close cooperation with fellow students in small groups
The program includes 17 courses plus Master’s thesis. Before the start of each course, the students are given full transparency regarding the respective content, tasks, examinations and requirement criteria. In this way, they know exactly when to expect which tasks and can plan how to achieve their respective course objectives.
Post University was founded in 1890. Since then, it has supported its students in acquiring knowledge, competencies and experience so that they can be successful in their chosen field. Based in Waterbury, Connecticut, USA, Post University is renowned for quality, career-enhancing study programs and small seminar groups. It is recognized by the State of Connecticut and accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
The Malcolm Baldrige School of Business is the business school of Post University. It is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The lecturers at the Malcolm Baldrige School of Business are senior-level business experts with many years of teaching experience. Click here for “Awards and Recognitions” of Post University. Post University offers international students Bachelor’s and Master’s degree courses both as on-campus programs and in online format.
You work together with your company on the task of planning and implementing the innovation project. Typical projects are, for example, in the areas of international business development, digitalization or corporate foresight, etc.
Online seminars at Post University provide the methodical expertise of general management to solve the problem. They provide the practical competency to prepare and implement analyses and business plans for the target market, in exactly the way you need it for your company.
SIBE provides with its project seminars personal support from a project lecturer for the entire two years. This project lecturer helps to successfully apply knowledge from the seminars to the practice and environment of the company through coaching. The project lecturer also supports the students in the development, definition, placement and implementation of the project within the company.
Project Focus – Digitization
The M.A./MBA in General Management offers digital natives with a first academic degree in any discipline the opportunity to work on one or more innovative data analysis projects in a company. The project work is integrated into SIBE’s M.A./MBA in General Management, which covers cross-sectoral areas such as information technology, economics and leadership. The students work in international groups and work on real data analysis projects throughout the entire duration of study.
Project Focus – International Business Development
As the results of the long-term study “Success factors of German companies abroad” show, it becomes apparent that in addition to product quality, selection of the right partner and good contacts, in particular, is essential for successful business abroad. In addition, good market knowledge and qualified employees are of great importance for half of the companies surveyed.
The School of International Business and Entrepreneurship (SIBE) recruits young managers with work experience in the target country who complete a graduate-level management course at SIBE and work as management assistants in a German company. Depending on the company project, students work in their home country, in Germany or at mixed locations.
Of course, you must also acquire new knowledge and provide performance records in the M.A./MBA (USA) in General Management. However, since actual competencies are more important in a job than passing knowledge tests, we have geared the entire program to your competency development.
This is why you will not write exams to test your knowledge during the M.A./MBA (USA) in General Management. Instead, you will develop solutions for problems and tasks in the form of presentations, transfer papers (TP), transfer documentation reports (TDR) and management project papers (MPP) that you will use for your innovation project and your Master’s thesis.
- Enthusiasm for the program
- Completed a first degree (degree from a state-approved university, university of applied sciences, BA/ “dual system degree” or comparable degree from another German/foreign institution of higher education)
- At least 180 credit points according to ECTS or internationally comparable
- A very good command of English
- Successfully completed a multi-stage selection process at SIBE, part of Steinbeis University Berlin
- KODE® test
Please send us the following:
- English CV (max. 2-3 pages)
- Cover letter in English (max. 1 page)
- University certificate and mark sheet of the first degree course
- Certificate of general qualification for entrance to higher education
- Employer’s references, reference letters (if available)
Costs for you as a management assistant:
- Tuition fees of € 330/month
Costs for the company:
- Program fee: € 1,030/month (plus statutory VAT)
- Salary of the management assistant: freely negotiable (however, at least € 1,400 gross per month for employment in Germany*)
* The above information is based on the assumption that a derogation in accordance with section 22 MiLoG is applicable in the case of internship contracts within the framework of a dual SIBE study program; however, this is subject to any divergent jurisdiction which may arise in the future. Insofar, SIBE GmbH assumes no liability.
The Perspective Program offers refugees with first academic degrees in any discipline the opportunity to obtain a Master’s degree and work experience with a German company over a period of 24 months. The participants in the Perspective Program work full time (usually as interns) in companies that fit their background. The SIBE Master’s program supports them in addressing their personal career goals and developing their competencies for the benefit and success of the partner company.