You want to combine your Master’s degree with valuable professional experience? You want to prepare yourself for an international career? Then study the German-US-Dual-Degree (M.Sc./MBA)!
Within the framework of the program, you combine a full-time job in the company with two internationally recognized degrees: The Master of Science in International Management and an US-American MBA!
While you realize real business projects within the company, you will also benefit from international and interactive study with other international talents on the German and US-American campuses.
- Duration of study: 24 months
- Degree: Master of Science (M.Sc.) (120 Credit Points ECTS) and Master of Business Administration (MBA (USA)) (39 Semester Credit Hours)
- Seminar language: English
- Start dates: several times a year
The M.Sc. in International Management is premium accredited by the FIBAA. This means that it is one of the 3% of premium seal bearers among the Master’s programs of the FIBAA-accredited program. FIBAA thus certifies an outstanding teaching in this study program. FIBAA awards a premium seal to study programs which are already established on the market and which, moreover, not only meet but exceed the majority of the quality requirements. The degree is awarded by the Steinbeis University, which is state-recognized and entitles the holder to award doctorates. The Master in Business Administration awarded by Post University is ACBSP accredited.
Post University was founded in 1890. Since then, it has been helping its students to acquire the knowledge, skills and experience to succeed in their chosen field. Based in the USA, in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University is known for quality, career-enhancing study programs and small seminar groups. It is recognized by the State of Connecticut and accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Malcolm Baldrige School of Business is the business school of the Post University. It is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Malcolm Baldrige School of Business faculty are senior-level business experts with extensive teaching experience. Click here for Post University Awards and Recognitions. Post University offers international students Bachelor’s and Master’s programs both on-campus and in online format.
Within the framework of the program, you will develop solutions for key business challenges and thus ensure immediate benefits. At the same time, you will go through a process of personnel development during the project implementation. By working out and reflecting on projects, you will learn to set goals and to realize them successfully even in new situations.
Through application in the project, we ensure that you not only acquire knowledge and qualifications (i.e. mastering things in theory), but that your competencies are built up in practice.
In addition, a structured project curriculum will give you the opportunity to work continuously and systematically on the scientific progress of the project and to reflect on it with fellow students, lecturers and your company. This way, you will achieve the greatest possible practical and theoretical expertise in an individually selected project area.
The focus of the study format is therefore on your own project implementation. You will be embedded in a close network of diverse sparring partners who will accompany you intensively on your way, e.g. in weekly discussion groups. Variety is provided by the task and media diversity on the two campuses. Interactive study is thus guaranteed:
Furthermore, the program combines essential elements of the M.Sc. in International Management with the US-American MBA. Half of the course content is acquired on the German and half on the US-American campus together with German and international talents:
|SIBE Campus||Post Campus|
|Project Curriculum||Practical Corporate Management (incl. Project Management)|
|Development of Personality and Competencies||Analytics and Strategy|
|(Digital) Leadership (incl. Foresight)||Finance|
|International Business Development||Elective: Change or Innovation Management|
In addition to continuous project development, you also have the opportunity to focus continuously on your personal development: With the help of proven instruments of competency assessments, you define your personal goals and get the opportunity to work systematically on them.
Since at work, skills and performance are more important than passing knowledge tests, we have designed the entire program to focus on your skills development. For this reason, you will not write any exams to test your knowledge during the German-US-Dual-Degree M.Sc./MBA, but you will work on problems and tasks in the form of presentations and project-related homework (so-called transfer or project study papers). Finally, your Master’s thesis will assess your ability to transfer theory into practice and thus certify your innovative contribution to your company.
- Completed first degree at a German or foreign university with at least 180 credit points according to ECTS or an equivalent
- English language skills of a level of at least B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Wide range of experience through internships, experience abroad, voluntary work, professional experience, etc.
- Successful completion of a multi-stage selection process at the SIBE of Steinbeis University
- A partner company at your side, which supports your studies and provides you with a project. We would be happy to assist you in finding a partner company.
Your application documents
- Optional: Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae in English
- Certificate of university entrance qualification (high-school diploma, technical higher education entrance certificate)
- Certificate of Undergraduate Study
- Transcript of Records (alternatively, current overview of grades) and
- Job and Internship Certificates
The documents are to be summarized in a PDF file (alternatively Word). You can send us your application preferably online or to email@example.com. Please apply to us in good time. Courses for the SIBE Master’s programs usually start every two months and are independent of the state winter and summer semesters.
For the German-US-Dual-Degree M.Sc./MBA, a three-step selection process is carried out – consisting of a formal review of the application documents, the online assessment center (including an English Language test) and the KODE® assessment. Upon successful completion of the selection process, you either will start directly with your existing company partner in the program or be accepted into our talent pool. In the talent pool, you can search for a suitable project-giving company together with us. In doing so, you can either identify a suitable partner yourself or refer to our advertised job offers. Your application documents can only be forwarded to cooperating partner companies after the coaching call.
The company usually covers a large part of the program fees and also pays you a salary in the amount of the scholarship. This amount is structured as follows (deviations are possible and should be discussed directly with the respective partner company):
Costs for you as a management assistant:
- Tuition fees of 350,- € / month (without VAT)
Costs for the company:
- Costs for the Master’s program: 1,110,- € / month (plus VAT)
- Salary for the student: min. 1,600*,- € / month (gross) (Of this amount, the student pays 350,- € / month tuition fees [without VAT] to the university).
* The above information is based on the assumption that a derogation in accordance with section 22 MiLoG is applicable in the case of internship contracts within the framework of a dual SIBE study program; however, this is subject to any divergent jurisdiction which may arise in the future. Insofar, SIBE GmbH assumes no liability.
Optionally, a foreign study can be booked in addition. Costs are to be borne separately. Individual arrangements regarding financing must be clarified with the companies in each individual case.