Do you want to create something? Then studying at SIBE is just the right thing for you! Here you will realize company projects and work on your personal development at the same time. At SIBE, you can expect interdisciplinary and interactive studies. In close cooperation with fellow students & lecturers, you will solve any transfer-related and scientific task in a self-organized manner!
- Duration of study: 24 months
- Degree: Master of Science (M.Sc.), 120 Credit Points according to ECTS
- Seminar language: English
- Start dates: several times a year
The M.Sc. in International Management is premium accredited by FIBAA. Thus, it belongs to the 3% of premium seal holders among the master’s programs of the FIBAA-accredited programs. Thus, FIBAA certifies outstanding teaching in this study program. FIBAA awards a Premium Seal to study programs that are already established in the market and also not only meet but exceed the majority of the quality requirements. The degree is awarded by Steinbeis University, which is state-recognized and entitles you to a doctorate.
Depending on your academic achievements during your studies, you also have the opportunity to obtain a foreign MBA degree from one of our international partner universities.
At the heart of the program, you will implement one or more real-world projects and shape your own personal development. You will be supported by a systematic project and competency curriculum. In addition, the program addresses global leadership issues such as ethics, the future of work and organization, digital transformation, the role of networks, and many more, alongside classic management topics such as market research, project management, strategy and goal development, finance, change or innovation management, and above all international business development.
The M.Sc. is an interactive study format consisting of live seminars and study content on SIBE’s e-campus. In order to focus on transfer in the seminar, we will provide you with appropriate preparatory tasks in advance. In close cooperation with fellow students and lecturers, you will work on scientific project and personal development outside the seminar phases.
During your studies, the focus is on working on one or more projects. The problem to be solved comes from corporate practice. During the two-year course, you will develop and implement appropriate solutions, thereby creating added value for the company. At the same time, you will go through a process of personal development during the realization of the project. By working on and reflecting on projects, you will learn to set goals and to realize them successfully even in new situations. Through the application in the project we ensure that you not only acquire knowledge and qualifications (i.e. master things in theory), but that a competency development in practice takes place. In addition, a structured project curriculum gives you the opportunity to work continuously and systematically on the scientific progress of the project and to reflect on it with fellow students, lecturers as well as with your company. You will thus achieve the greatest possible practical and theoretical expertise in an individually chosen project area.
Since competencies are more important in the professional world than passing knowledge tests, we have designed the entire program with your competency development in mind. Therefore, during the M.Sc. in International Management you will mainly work on problems and tasks of your projects in the form of presentations and project-related term papers (so-called transfer or project study papers up to the master thesis) either in German or English. Examinations taken by international lecturers must, of course, be conducted in English.
Online Study Trip and Dual Degree Option
Thanks to our long-standing cooperation with our partner universities abroad, you can benefit from a dual degree option: Depending on your performance within the program, you can obtain the foreign „MBA“ degree of one of our international partner universities in addition to the „Master of Science (M.Sc.)“ degree of Steinbeis University.*
You spend the Online Study Trip in virtual form at one of our partner universities (e.g. in Brazil). You will complete a unique program on International Business Development consisting of live seminars, insights into companies and discussions with country representatives and a final examination.
* This is based on bilateral agreements between SIBE and its foreign partner universities, subject to changes due to legal or political conditions. There is no legal claim to the awarding of titles or certificates.
- Completed first degree at a German or foreign university with at least 180 credit points according to ECTS or the equivalent thereof
- English language skills of a level of at least B2 according to the European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Broad experience through internships, international experience, volunteer work, work experience, etc.
- Successful completion of a multi-stage selection process at the SIBE of Steinbeis University
- A partner company at your side that supports your studies and provides you with a project. We will be happy to support you in your search for a partner company.
Your Application Documents
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certificate of higher education entrance qualification (Abitur, Fachhochschulreife)
- Certificate of study
- Study record (alternatively current overview of grades) and
- work and internship certificates
summarized in a PDF file (alternatively Word). Please send your application preferably online or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply as early as possible. Course starts for the SIBE Master’s programs usually take place every 2 months and are independent of the state winter and summer semesters.
For the M.Sc. International Management, a three-stage selection process is conducted – consisting of the formal review of the application documents, the online assessment center (including English test) and the KODE® assessment. After successful completion of the selection process, you will either start directly with your existing company partner in the program or be accepted into our talent pool.
In the talent pool, you can search together with us for a suitable project-giving company. In doing so, you can either identify a suitable partner yourself or access our advertised vacancies. A forwarding of your application documents to cooperating partner companies is only possible after the coaching call.
The company usually covers a large part of the program fees incurred and will also pay you a scholarship fee. This amount is structured as follows (deviations are possible and should be discussed directly with the respective partner company):
Costs for you as participant:
- Tuition fees of 350,- € / month (without VAT).
Costs for the company:
- Costs for the master program: 1.110,- € / month (plus VAT)
- Salary for the student: min. 1.600*,- € / month (gross) (of which the student pays 350,- € / month tuition fees [without VAT] to the university).
* The above information is based on the assumption that a derogation in accordance with section 22 MiLoG is applicable in the case of the internship contracts within the framework of a dual SIBE study program; however, this is subject to any divergent jurisdiction which may arise in the future. Insofar, SIBE GmbH assumes no liability.