You want to make a difference? Then studying at SIBE is just the thing for you! This is where you can carry out company projects and work on your personal development at the same time. An interdisciplinary and interactive course of study awaits you at SIBE. In close cooperation with fellow students and lecturers you will solve any applying and scientific task in a self-organised way!
- Duration of study: 24 months
- Degree: Master of Science (M.Sc.), 120 credit points according to ECTS
- Seminar language: German and English
- Seminar locations: Stuttgart, Berlin and as part of the study abroad, Location in the company
- Start dates: several times a year
The M.Sc. in International Management is premium-accredited by FIBAA and thus belongs to the 3% of the premium seal holders among the Master’s courses of the FIBAA-accredited programs. FIBAA thus certifies outstanding teaching in this study program. FIBAA awards a premium seal to courses of study which are already established in the market and which not only meet, but also exceed the majority of the quality requirements. The degree is awarded by the Steinbeis University, which is recognised by the state and entitles the holder to a doctorate.
Depending on your academic achievements, you also have the opportunity to obtain an MBA degree from one of our international partner universities abroad.
In the focus of the program you will realize one or more company projects and create your own personal development. You will be supported by a systematic project and competency curriculum. According to the motto „Leadership in a Digital World“, the course also deals with essential questions of business in a digitalized world. The curriculum thus covers a wide range of topics, e.g: Project Management, Market Research, Competition Analysis, Business Objectives, Strategic Management, Management of Digital Transformation, E-marketing & E-business, Finance Management, International Business Development, Networks and Networking, Organizational Behavior, Leadership, Personal Development, Change Management, Innovation and Technology Management. The M.Sc. is an interactive study format consisting of off- and on-campus components. Presence events are distributed in the form of short seminar blocks over the two academic years. In order to focus on the transfer in the seminar, we provide you with appropriate preparatory tasks in advance. In close cooperation with fellow students and lectures, you will work on the scientific project and personal development during the off-campus phases.
During your studies, the focus is on one or more projects. The problem to be solved comes from corporate practice. As part of the two-year study program, you will develop and implement appropriate solutions and thus create entrepreneurial added value. At the same time, your project implementation will lead you through a process of personal development. Through developing and reflecting on projects, you learn to set goals and reach them in new situations. By working on the project, we ensure that you not only acquire knowledge and qualifications (i.e. master things in theory), but that your competency is also developed in practice. In addition, a structured project curriculum gives you the opportunity to work continuously and systematically on the scientific progress of your project and to reflect on it with fellow students, lecturers and your company. You will thus achieve the greatest possible practical and theoretical expertise in an individually selected project area.
Because competencies are more important in the profession than passed knowledge tests, we have aligned the entire program to your competency development. Therefore, during the M.Sc. in International Management you will essentially work on problems and tasks for your projects in the form of 2 written exams, 6 transfer papers, 6 project study papers and presentations up to the master´s thesis.
Dual Degree Option and Study Trip Abroad
Thanks to our many years of cooperation with our partner universities abroad, you can also benefit from a Dual Degree option. Depending on your performance during your studies, in addition to a „Master of Science (M.Sc.)“ degree from Steinbeis University Berlin, you can also obtain a foreign „MBA“ degree from our international partner universities. The study trip abroad takes place in the second year of the SIBE program for a period of three weeks. You spend this foreign study periods at one of our partner institutions of higher education (e.g. in Brazil). You complete a unique program consisting of seminars and exams abroad. You visit local and international companies, trade associations and institutions and receive intercultural training.
- Completed first degree at a German or foreign institution of higher education with at least 180 credit points according to ECTS or an equivalent
- Knowledge of German and English at a level of at least B2 according to the European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Broad wealth of experience gained through internships, international experience, voluntary work, work experience, etc.
- Successfully completed multilevel selection process at SIBE
- A partner company at your side to support your studies and provide you with a project. We will be pleased to help you look for a partner company.
Your Application Documents
- Certificate of higher education entrance qualification (high-school diploma, technical higher education entrance certificate)
- Certificate of study
- Study record (or current overview of grades) and
- Job and internship references
in one PDF file (or Word). Please send us your application preferably online or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply to us timely. The courses for the SIBE Master’s programs usually start every other month and are independent of the state´s winter and summer semesters.
For the SIBE Management Master – M.Sc. in International Management – a three-step selection process is carried out, consisting of formal examination of the application documents, the Online Assessment Center and the KODE®-Evaluation. After successful completion of the selection process, you will either start the program directly with your existing company partner or be included in our talent pool. In the talent pool, you can work with us to find a suitable project-giving company. You can either identify the right partner for you yourself or take advantage of our advertised vacancies. It is only possible to forward your application documents to cooperating partner companies after the coaching telephone call.
The company usually covers most of the program fees and travel costs for the seminars and pays you an additional scholarship fee. This amount is broken down as follows (variations are possible and should be discussed directly with the partner company in question):
Costs for you as participant:
- Tuition fees of € 340/month [excluding VAT]. If necessary, contribution to travel expenses in consultation with the partner company. (Fees do not include catering. Students cater for themselves during the seminars.)
- The student is normally paying for printing and binding the Master’s thesis (4 copies, hardcover).
Costs for the company:
- Costs for the Master’s program: € 1,070/month (plus statutory VAT) (Fees do not include catering. Students cater for themselves during the seminars.)
- Time off for the seminars
- In addition, there are travel expenses (these vary depending on the company’s location) and the three-week study trip abroad.
- Salary for the student: min. € 1,500* / month (gross) (Of which the student pays € 340 / month tuition fees [without VAT]) to the institution of higher education.)
*The above information is based on the assumption that a derogation in accordance with section 22 MiLoG is applicable in the case of internship contracts within the framework of a dual SIBE study program; however, this is subject to any divergent jurisdiction which may arise in the future. Insofar, SIBE GmbH assumes no liability.